Saturday 28 April 2012

Divorce? Really?

My theory is that when parents get divorced, they’re given some kind of a handout. When my parents told me that they were splitting, they told me three things.
One, it’s not your fault.
Two, it’s not your fault.
And three, it’s not your fault.
Problem is, I don’t buy it. No kid does.
I’ve seen the pictures of when you got married. When you were good-looking, and you smiled at each other; hell, when you even just looked at each other.
So what happened between then and now?
Me.
I came along and made you tired and cranky and anxious and I made you lose your hair and gain 20 extra pounds and…
Somewhere in all of that, I… you stopped loving each other.
So I have my own idea for a handout.
Next time, tell me:
One, happiness is hard.
Two, don’t make the same mistakes we did.
And three, okay, so maybe it is your fault a little.
You want me to be honest? You go first!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty accurate. I think that a small part of every adult with kids, divorced or not, thinks that it's their kid's fault that life ain't party all the time anymore. And maybe that part of them is right. Or at least, partially. The part is partially right :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really make it appear really easy together with your presentation however I
    in finding this matter to be actually something which I believe
    I'd never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm taking a look ahead
    to your subsequent publish, I'll try to get the dangle of it!
    Here is my blog post - check

    ReplyDelete