Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas Spirit...


This year, Christmas became something very important to me over the last couple of days.

Maybe I was hoping that for once in my life I would spend it normally with my family - silly me to think something like that might be remotely possible!

Maybe I was excited because of the amazing present that I got from Santa (a.k.a. Manchester City) - I have never felt as happy as when I opened my original Joe-Hart jersey!

Maybe I was grateful that I finally got some time off school, which has become an utter pain in the... yeah - then I remembered the piles of pointless homework to be done!

So what the hell was it? And then it hit me like a truck on a highway!

This was going to be my last Christmas in Bulgaria... With my family, with my friends... I realized that this time next year I will live in another country, with other people, and who knows... Of course, I will definitely come back for the holidays, but it's still not the same.

I won't be there when my mother decorates the Christmas tree one month in advance. I won't be there to buy the Christmas cookies and rejoyce every time I tell my family not to touch them before Christmas Eve, even though I have already eaten about a dozen. I won't be there to harrass my best friends for ideas for presents. I won't be there when the entire Sofia will be lit up in millions of Christmas lights. I won't be there... In my beautiful, crazy, little country...

And it scared me... It literally terrified me! That I won't be able to spend much time with my mother, that my father will completely ignore the fact that he has a daughter, that my friends will forget me, that I won't be able to have another Christmas with my grandmother...

This is why I had the best Christmas ever. True, my mother's boyfriend once again annoyed the shit out of me, I had to spend another holiday without my father, who was too busy with his new family to even remember to call me (not that I expected anything else).

But I was with my mother, with her amazing friends, with my grandmother. We had fun, and we ate delicious food, and listened to good music, and had some amazing presents, and I spent the night before with the three girls I love the most in this world, and Sofia was beautiful under the snow, and everything was perfect. Christmas was perfect.

So, I decided to share my "epiphany" with you. Do not forget to enjoy yourselves, take in every little detail, do not be scared to sound ridiculous, do not pay attention to the little things that try to kill your nerves, just have fun and love everyone that deserves it, because nothing in this life is permanent. Days come and go, people come and go, lives come and go... And we need to learn to get the best of them, while they are still here...

Merry Christmas, everyone, and a very happy New Year!










3 comments:

  1. КАК МОЖЕ ДА СИ ВЪОБРАЗИШ, ЧЕ ЩЕ ТЕ ЗАБРАВИМ?!? :**** <3 без такива!!! Другата година по това време...не мога да гарантирам, че всичко ще е розово, но гарантирам, че ще сме заедно :p тук, в нашата малка луда и красива държава ^_^ :P <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=FLuf8Zc9J9b08fmq3THcOWMA&NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=TwH2VU7Vqss !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Обожавам тази песен! Знам, че винаги ще сте в живота ми! Обичам те! <3

    ReplyDelete