Wednesday 9 November 2011

Music Is Religion...


Have you ever experienced the feeling where you hear a song for the very first time, and with the first few sounds you suddenly know that this song belongs to you? You cannot stop playing it again, and again, and again, and you never get tired of it. Soon, it becomes a connection to a certain dream, or memory, or desire. And you can never let it go. This song becomes a permanent piece of your personality?

I love that feeling. I love finding new songs that remind me of things that have not happened yet, or have happened in my dreams, or I have completely forgotten about. I love the thrill I get when I hear such a song. Music is my religion. Music is my saviour. Music is my guardian angel. Music is my world. And in the name of music, I will post my music Bible. Maybe, you will find your song somewhere in this list. If not, you can just enjoy some good music. Let's start!

1. Celebrate The Day - Herbert Grönemeyer.
The song where it all began for me. My ultimate passion - football. I love this song as much as I love the game. The moment I heard it, i knew that this game is meant for me.
"The world in a heartbeat... When you dream..."



2. Where Do We Draw The Line - Poets Of The Fall.
Amazing band. Beautiful lyrics. Perfect music. What else can you want from a song? I don't know why I love this one, but it sure moves me every time I hear the first notes.
"What does it matter what I see... If it cannot be my design..."



3. Sleep - Poets Of The Fall.

This song always leaves me speechless. Full of feelings, full of beauty, full of truth...
"Day after day, fickle visions... Messing with your head... Fickle... Vicious... Sleeping in your bed... Messing with your head... Fickle visions... Fickle... Vicious..."



4. Mad About You - Hooverphonic.
I love the passion in the lyrics and the music, and it always reminds me of my favorite TV show.
"Feel the vibe, feel the terror, feel the pain. It's driving me insane..."



5. Carnival of Rust - Poets of the Fall.
Once again, my favorite band. The moment I heard that song, I fell in love. I can easily call it my ultimate favorite. There isn't a single person I know that does not love it in a second.
"Come, feed the rain, 'cause I'm thirsty for your love, dancing underneath the skies of lust..."



6. Counting Bodies Like Sheep - A Perfect Circle.
This one just screams "animalistic". Perfect for bringing our the primal nature of people. I also love how it goes with the video. Be warned, there is too much blood, violence, and sexappeal in it.
"Go back to sleep... Safe from pain, and truth, and choice, and other poison devils..."



7. Take It All Away - Red.
I already posted this in a previous entry, but it should have one of the biggest places here, since this song is one of my first "true loves". I will never get tired of hearing it over and over again.
"You've stripped me now... It's over now, just innocence and instinct still remain..."



8. Eternity and a Day - Paul Haslinger.
One of the most beautiful pieces, from one of my favorite films, Underworld. It's so pure, simple, yet gentle and really touching. It's simply heaven in a few minutes.



9. Sweet Dreams - Emily Browning.
One of the best versions of this song. I cannot help but get goosebumps every time I hear it. It gives a brand new mood to the well-known song. It definitely brings "eeire" and "sinister" in.
"Some of them wat to abuse you... Some of them want to be abused..."



10. Hurricane - 30 Seconds to Mars.
One of the strongest songs and videos I have ever seen. I just realized that half of my favorite songs are related to sleeping and dreams. Interesting, but I am definitely not surprised. Love it.
"Tell me would you kill to save a life... Tell me would you kill to prove you're right..."



11. This Night - Black Lab.
Ever since I heard this song on House M.D. I cannot stop listening to it. It is currently the most listened song on my iTunes. I just adore the lyrics, and the darkness of the music itself.
"Take this night... Wrap it around me like a sheet... Lay me down on the street..."



12. Wong Chia Chi's Theme - Alexandre Desplat.
One of my favorite composers, with one of his masterpieces. This is such a beautiful music that I cannot go by a day without listening to it at least one time. It's from Lust, Caution.



This concludes my list. They are not arranged in a descending or ascending order, I just picked them randomly. You can pretty much understand my personality from them. I hope you like my music, because I definitely love it. Enjoy.

1 comment: