Tuesday 1 November 2011

Looking For Angels...

Today, after 48 hours of pure German torture, the last fuse in my brain blew up and I dived into the deepest and darkest oceans of YouTube to search for mysterious songs that I have never heard of. I didn't really care about a specific genre, I just leaped from one link to the next, and the next, then a search for a singer that suddenly came to my mind.

From Buglarian music, I jumped to videos of The Rock, then actor impressions, then to Bulgarian Rap, some Lionel Richie music, then some Lionel Messi, just because the name reminded me, then some Steven Gerrard, since I was already at the football shores, then Schweinsteiger, just because I am a German-masochist (meaning that I torture myself deliberately with anything Deutsch-related, most of the time German football). For my beloved German readers, don't get me wrong. I really like Germany, but due to some issues in my personal life (probably I'll post sometihng about them soon, since they are getting especially shitty lately) and a bad German teacher, Deutschland became a torture for me in the past four years.

Anyways, I was watching some Schweinsteiger video, when I saw another relatied clip and opened it. It was Revolverheld - Unzertrennlich. I don't know what was it about this song, but it suddenly reminded me about my very first childhood dream.

All my life, I have lived on the tenth floor of my building, in the outer suburbs of Sofia. All my life, I have seen the world from above. When I was five, I loved to sit there for hours, looking at the tiny people and small cars. Birds were flying around me, then even higher up. My balcony was far above the tops of the nearby trees, so I could always see the leaves tremble because of the mountain wind, coming from Vitosha.

My favorite part was, and still is, the thunderstorms. The mountain is right in front of my window. At night, you can see the lightnings tear up the sky in a flash, the thunders always sound so close and the alarms of cars always turn on. The rain is always strong and everything gets soaked in a matter of seconds. The air is always filled with electricity.

I have always loved the Moon, too. My grandmother has told me that this love started when I was a baby. I adore the full moon and always sit on my balcony for hours, just looking at it. And it's always there. Big and bright, covering every building with cold light. Maybe, this is why I love my window, and my floor.

So, back to the point. When I was five, I wanted to fly. I wanted to fly so badly, with the birds, with the wind, around the trees, to reach the moon... I wanted wings. I even wrote a letter to Santa, to bring me a pair. But they never came that Christmas... Soon, I realized that I would never be able to, and saddness filled my days. Soon after, I went on my very first plane ride, and my dream came true, in a way. But I never really learned how to fly. Not until recently.

Now, I have my wings. Not only that, but I have also three angels. You know who you are. After this long, and meaningless post, I just want to say that no matter what happens, I will always love you. Because: "Wir sind unzertrennlich, sind unvergänglich. Wir sind unzertrennlich, in unserer Welt verloren..." Jo, you will understand. Girls, I love you. You help me fly. Fly in my happiness, in my dreams, in the cold, late nights around Sofia, in the criminal sleepovers, in our silly conversations, in our esotheric conversations, in our serious conversations, even in our arguments. You are my angels. I love you.


3 comments:

  1. wowowow like it very much! so much positivity!

    first you started from the things you dislike and you sound like you're down
    BUT THEN suddenly the text is filled with hope and light and love and...
    i love happy endings! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it. :) When I first wrote it, I thought it didn't make any sense. :D I love happy endings, too! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. О, Пилчок! :* :* :* Нямам думи! Мога само да кажа, че когато съм с теб и останалите момичета се чувствам напълно себе си! Мога да се лигавя, мога и да съм сериозна, мога да се смея, мога и да плача.Прекрасно е да знам, че мога да ви кажа всичко и да разчитам на вас. Няма да позволим животът да ни раздели, нали?!

    ReplyDelete